Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Which pro athlete do you want to party with?

While doing today's daily web searching, I stumbled across this picture at Deadspin of Golden State Warriors star Stephen Jackson drinking vodka, Dana Jacobsen style.

So, instead of running away from the issue, I've decided to embrace it. Which professional athletes would you like to party with? Here is my fave four.

  1. Adam 'Pac Man' Jones. Pac Man is the clear-cut No. 1 on my list. Anyone who enjoys making it rain (to the tune of $81,000 no less) can be my wingman at the club any day.
  2. Tank Johnson, NFL. Since Pac Man is bringing the cash, we're going to need some protection. Enter stage left the former Bears defensive lineman, who definitely stays strapped.
  3. Matt Leinart. Now that we've got money and protection, we need some girls and there's no one I'd rather turn to than the Arizona Cardinals QB, who is still living out his college dreams, two years after leaving USC.
  4. Mark Grace. OK, we've got money, protection and pretty girls, but now we need the final element -- more girls! The former Chicago Cubs first baseman made a career out of making Gold Glove plays, knocking doubles, and pulling drunk chicks in Wrilgeyville (which is my second favorite past-time behind making it rain.) Grace is credited with creating the term "slumpbuster."
After taking all of this into consideration, there is only one person I want to party with ... her name is Erin Andrews.

In fact, I had my opportunity with her ... she was my Valentine. :-)

I'll admit, I'm bordering an unhealthy obsession with blonde beauty from ESPN. She's perfect, absolutely perfect. She's cute, she loves sports (especially baseball) and she has a career. Erin Andrews is a woman! On top of that, she would be one of the few girls that would understand what it's like to be in the media --seeing that I am going to be the next great sports journalist.

Apparently, what makes EA weak in the knees is being in the presence of ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit.

What's even more notable is Andrews own admission that Kirk Herbstreit has a "Timberlake-like" following with college kids. She even says that while she was a spritely co-ed and wannabe sports reporter at the University of Florida, she got a little overwhelmed in the presence of Herbstreit's seductive aura: "My camera didn't work the first time I got a photo with Kirk Herbstreit and, oh my gosh, I'm freaking out..."


Let the record show, Herbie is an Ohio State ... sorry ... a graduate of THE Ohio State University and an all-around douschebag. If it's not about the Buckeyes, it's not worth a damn in his eyes. I hate homers on ESPN (especially when they go against my favorite teams.)

Well, this post accomplished a lot. Mostly because it mentioned three of my favorite things in life:
  • Making it rain!
  • Erin Andrews
  • Drinking
If I wait a few hours, I'd mention another one of my favorite things, the Cubs (who are currently beating the Reds 10-1 in the top of the 5th).

That's all for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive